The fields of computer and information systems are ripe with career opportunities. Professionals in these fields are able to be part of the ever-evolving technology sector; changing the way the world works and communicates every day. Computer applications are rapidly becoming a household-demanded service and a business standard for successful corporations and advancement as well as a booming independent industry. Information systems employ technology and computer utilities to accurately and effectively disseminate information instantaneously.
College of Computer & Information Systems (CCIS) provides the students with a creative, collaborative, and challenging academic environment to ensure their success. Innovation, excellence, globalization, and integrity are the core premises from which we educate our students.
CCIS offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer and Information Systems (BCIS) with the following concentrations:
- Programming & Databases
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Networking & Security Engineering
- Software Engineering
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able:
- State the fundamentals of analysis, design and implementation of computer systems in several specializations including E-commerce, Graphics and Multimedia, Network and Security, Programming and Database and Software Engineering.
- Describe theories and concepts of both traditional and state-of-the-art computer and information systems along with the scientific principles underling the physical characteristics of emerging information systems to help students to manage, control and build small, medium and large business applications.
- Analyze the challenging problems related to applications of computer and information systems
Design and evaluate society needs through computer and information systems.
- Demonstrate their effective working in groups and exercise leadership when required.
Show responsible and professional relationships in their working environment by executing moral values.
- Communicate effectively in oral and in written form.
- Use information technology in appropriate and effective Way.
- Use basic mathematical and statistical techniques to solve numerical problems.